I know the new year just began and everyone has decided to eat healthy and exercise.
Way to go!
But, it is also cold outside, the NFL playoffs start tomorrow and the National Championship game is on Monday. One should always strive to live a healthy lifestyle but there is nothing wrong with a little indulgence every now and then.
Our favorite sport-watching snack is Hot Fat. Yes, you heard me, Hot Fat. We could call it something else but what’s the point? It is cheesey, sausage deliciousness scooped up with a tortilla chip (preferably tortilla strips). It will take you about 5 minutes to make, about 5 minutes to eat and it is always a crowd pleaser! I’m sorry and you’re welcome.
15 oz jar Salsa Con Queso (I use medium spice)
¼ lb Breakfast Sausage (Jimmy Dean Regular)
Brown the sausage in a large skillet; cook thoroughly while breaking into little pieces.
Add the jar of salsa con queso and mix until heated through.
Serve with tortilla chips and cheer on your favorite team!
You can also eat this while you are watching The Golden Globes this Sunday night. But if you want to “class up the joint” for the Globes, try last week’s post for Gougères.
- 15 oz jar Salsa Con Queso I use medium spice
- ¼ lb Breakfast Sausage Jimmy Dean Regular
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet; cook thoroughly while breaking into little pieces.
- Add the jar of salsa con queso and mix until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cheer on your favorite team!