The easiest way to frost cakes and cupcakes or add a fancy drizzle to any dessert!
- 8 oz semi-sweet Chocolate Chips about 1 1/3 cups
- 3/4 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Liqueur such a Grand Marnier
- 1 T Butter for extra shine
- 1 1/2 tsp Brewed Coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor
- Heat chocolate chips and cream in a double boiler.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the vanilla at the very end, off the heat.
- The more you stir, the shinier it will be.
- Pour warm liquid over cake, or dip cupcakes to cover
If cooled to room temperature ganache becomes a spreadable filling and can be whipped to make frosting. Refrigerated ganache can be scooped and rolled into truffles.